Pumpkin, Chickpea and Chorizo Soup
Autumn is here! This is the ultimate hearty soup, a little bit spicy but super filling and delicious.
1 small pumpkin or medium butternut squash
2 sticks celery
1 large onion
4 cloves garlic
1 red or green chilli
1 tin of chickpeas
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp cinnamon
500ml vegetable stock
500ml chicken stock
Fresh coriander for serving
1. Chop the chorizo into pieces and add to a large pot. Fry until crispy, then remove and place on a plate.
2. Meanwhile roughly chop the onion, carrot and celery. Add to the pot and gently sweat in the fat from the chorizo.
3. Chop the pumpkin into rough pieces and add to the other veg, allow to gently sweat for a few minutes
4. Finely chop the garlic and chilli, then add to the veg along with the spices and chickpeas. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the stock and 2/3 of the cooked chorizo (keep the rest for serving)
5. Allow the soup to simmer for 20-30 minutes until the pumpkin is softened.
6. Remove from the heat and blend with a hand blender until it starts to become silky. Serve with chopped coriander and the rest of the chorizo.